St. Mary Magdalene Catholic School
St. Mary Magdalene Catholic School exists to develop students who have academic strength, strong moral values and a deeper understanding of their Catholic faith, so that they succeed as individuals who make wise choices, serve others and attain a deep relationship with Christ.
- We believe that in our Christian community, children will experience a safe, kind and loving atmosphere that is interwoven with Catholic faith and gospel values.
- We believe teachers and parents share the responsibility for the religious, intellectual, moral, physical and social formation of the student. Parents and teachers work together through mutual respect and understanding toward the common good of each child.
- We believe our nurturing educators are dedicated to identifying individual learning styles and emotional needs in order to challenge and reach each learner through inventive and age appropriate methods.
- To provide a Christian environment that emphasizes our Catholic Faith and Gospel values.
- To provide a student-friendly environment that promotes learning.
- To provide an opportunity for teachers and parents to share in the education of our children.
- To provide an environment reflecting mutual respect and understanding toward the common good of each child.
- To identify individual learning styles and emotional needs in order to reach all learners.
- To provide an academic challenge to reach each learner through creative and developmentally appropriate methods.
- To create a loving atmosphere in order to meet the emotional needs of all students.
- To academically challenge each student according to their developmental level.
- To provide an environment where each child can become aware of their own potential for success.
Core Curriculum Religious education is the center of education in Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. The religious dimension of the school extends throughout all subject areas and all school activities.
- Daily prayer, in addition to weekly Mass and special liturgical celebrations, provide a framework in which Gospel values can flourish.
- Formal religious instruction in the Catholic tradition is required for all students regardless of their faith tradition. Formal religious education begins in Pre-kindergarten and continues throughout all grade levels.
- Religious education curriculum guidelines are established collaboratively by The Secretariat for Catholic Schools and the Office of Continuing Christian Education of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston.
St. Mary Magdalene offers a quality education in a Christian setting and welcomes your interest. We strive to address the needs of the whole child: spiritual, moral, intellectual, social, cultural and physical. Click here to schedule a tour.
Please click below for more information: