Pear-Scape artists, sponsors and community partners celebrated the reveal of the initial set of 4-foot high painted pears destined for the Pear-Scape Art Sculpture Trail spearheaded by the Pearland Convention and Visitors Bureau. An enthusiastic crowd came together at the Grand Cornerstone Development on Wednesday, November 2nd to commemorate the completion of the latest phase in the public art sculpture project.
During the next phase of Pear-Scape, the pears will be installed strategically at ten pre-determined locations around the city of Pearland. All of the pears will be installed in visible, outdoor locations in the next 30 to 45 days. Initially, a map of the trail will be posted online, in the future printed maps will be available at the tourism office located in Pearland Town Square.
The Pear-Scape project was launched earlier this year in an effort to bring pears back to the city of Pearland. The call for artists issued in February 2016 garnered an overwhelming response by area artists resulting in 80+ approved designs. Committee approved designs quickly paired with community sponsors at several benchmarks and the selected artists began work on their individual pears over the summer months.
“This past year of planning and design have brought us to this incredible milestone in the Pear-Scape project, as we unveil the initial set of painted pears,” according to Kim Sinistore, executive director of the Pearland Convention & Visitors Bureau. “A commitment by area artists and visionary community sponsors are the cornerstones to Pear-Scape.”
Nine Gold level sponsors at the $4,000 level are paired with the following artists:
· Grand Cornerstone Development has chosen artist duo Paulisa Winsong & Sandy Shiver
· Hilton Garden Inn has chosen artist, Sherri Harris
· King's Biergarten & Restaurant has chosen artist, Peihong Endris
· Kroger has chosen artist, Roberto Barron
· Omkar Enterprise Management has chosen artist, Hannah Levy
· Pearland Animal Hospital has chosen artist, Josephine Eager
· Pearland Historical Society has chosen Kathy Ericksen
· Pearland Medical Center has chosen artist duo, Kelly Kronfeld & Chris Garcia
· Anonymous donor has chosen Lisa Tenney
One Green level sponsor, at the $2,000 level, includes:
· Comfort Suites Pearland and Keep Pearland Beautiful have chosen artist, Robin Tatem.
Sponsors contributing toward the Community Pear to date include: Dr. Chris F. Araj, Pearland Hearing Aids & Audiology, Pearland Memorial Hermann Hospital, The Joe Miller Family, Tom & Margo Green, Cristen Wood, Pearland Gymnastics Academy and Anonymous.
Three levels of sponsorship opportunities are available with a variety of perks at each interval including a community level allowing individuals to contribute in increments from $50 to $1,000 towards a community pear. The next set of ten pears are available now for sponsorship; the pears will be assigned to an artist, painted and installed a few at a time. The trail itself will expand as pears are added.
For complete details, go to http://visitpearland.com/pearscape/ or contact Kim Sinistore at 281-997-5970.