Incarnate Word Academy (IWA) opened the doors to its new Academic Building and Young Leaders Conference Center on February 10, 2017. The new 18,500 square foot building, which is adjacent to IWA’s existing academic building at 609 Crawford Street, will serve the students of IWA with classrooms, a Young Leaders Program conference center, collaborative learning centers, a performing arts studio, fine arts studio, and a rooftop patio to bring the outdoors to our urban campus.
The Sisters of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament have owned and operated Incarnate Word Academy on the land on which the new building stands since 1873. The groundbreaking for the new academic building took place on January 14, 2016. The IWA Board of Advisors selected the architectural firm (SBWV Architects) and the general contractor (E.E. Reed) through competitive bidding.