First United Methodist Church - Missouri City
What We Believe.
The First United Methodist Family adheres to the historic creeds and faith statements of our Christian heritage and United Methodist tradition. In brief form, we believe in:
- The one, true, God, Creator of all things.
- Jesus, fully human and fully divine, who was crucified on Good Friday and rose on Easter Day. Jesus offers salvation to all who repent and put their faith in Him as Lord of their lives.
- The Holy Spirit, who gives to all believers a new life, abundant and eternal.
- The Bible as the divinely inspired word of God.
- The value and dignity of all people.
- The Church as the Body of Christ, which exists for the purpose of making disciples of Jesus Christ through worship, prayer, teaching of the Word, observance of the sacraments, fellowship, service within the Body, and witness and sacrificial outreach to others throughout the world.
- The ultimate victorious reign and future return of Jesus Christ, who will judge all people with justice and mercy.
Thinking About Visiting?
Visiting a church for the first time can be confusing and intimidating. You don't know where you're going; finding the restrooms, the nursery, or the Sanctuary is more difficult than it should be. We want you to feel comfortable when you visit with us and hope this page will answer your questions. Click here for answers to your questions.
- What time are the services?
- What about my children?
- What do I wear?
- Where is the church located?
- Where do I go once I get there?
We hope to see you soon at First United Methodist Church - Missouri City.