Interested in more information on Grace School? Visit the admissions department page or take a vitural tour today!
Grace School Belief Statement
We Believe …
- teaching and learning should be relevant, current, and rigorous.
- teachers should have a deep understanding of the developmental level of their students.
- effective educators are committed, self-motivated, courageous, and intentional.
- it is paramount to foster the growth of the mind, body, and spirit.
- leadership is shared by all and collaboration is used to advocate, nurture, and sustain an effective instructional program.
- in school-initiated family and community relationships.
- in developing the God-given gifts, talents, and uniqueness of each individual.
As one of Houston’s leading independent schools, Grace School is known by not only its rigorous academics and exceptional faculty and staff, but also by its student-focused approach to learning and teaching.
- Location: Houston, Texas (Westchase District)
- Founded: 1975
- Accreditations: AdvancedED (formerly known as the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) and the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Memberships: National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), Council for Advancement and Support Education (CASE), Association of Supervision of Curriculum Development (ASCD), and Houston Association of Independent Schools (HAIS).
- Campus Size: 13 acres
- Grades: 20 months through eighth grade
- Students: More than 483 students with varying demographics and backgrounds
- Head of School: Liz Walgamuth, Ed.D., 2007 – Present
- Faculty: 78 Full-time faculty – All teachers are certified – many hold advanced degrees