St. Michael Catholic School
St. Michael Catholic School is a co-educational, private elementary/middle school (Pre-Kindergarten(3)-8th grade) located in the Galleria area and serving southwest Houston, TX. St. Michael Catholic School is accredited by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) through the Texas Catholic Conference Education Department (TCCED). St. Michael Catholic School is staffed by degreed and certified teachers and qualified staff chosen, supervised, and evaluated by the Principal for their competence and dedication to the development of each student to his/her potential.
Established in 1954, St. Michael Catholic School integrates faith and knowledge in the tradition of Catholic education. We educate the whole person, promoting the growth and development of mind, body and spirit. We take pride in our history, rooted in Catholic tradition and values with an eye towards the 21st century. Our new state-of-the-art facilities provide the most current educational tools and resources.
- 70,000 square foot energy efficient building that achieves LEED certification
- Two computer labs, laptop and tablet mobile labs, interactive white boards and more
- Science labs capable of plant and animal studies and in-depth lab experiments
- Two fully equipped art rooms and a kiln room
- Library including media center and resource room
- Regulation athletic field for football, soccer and baseball, practice track and gymnasium including boys and girls locker rooms and two concessions stands
- A school chapel that offers an area for reflection and spiritual development
- Dedicated performing arts classrooms and lecture hall
Admission to St. Michael Catholic School is based on individual evaluation. Students entering St. Michael Catholic School must be qualified by their previous studies to pursue the course of studies they are electing and expected to have a record in good standing from their transferring school.